Battle of Waterloo Hand Painted Chess Set Pieces SAC 14169
Click Image for Detail - Click Left / Right on image for next view.
The English Side
• King: Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington. Height 10.8cm, Weight 63gms.
• Queen: Catherine (Kitty) Pakenham. Height 10.2cm, Weight 53gms.
• Bishop: Field Marshal Gebhard von Blucher. Height 9.6cm Weight 49gms.
• Knight: Officer of the Household Cavalry. Height 9cm Weight 59gms.
• Rook: Drum and bugle of the type used at Waterloo. Height 7.5cm Weight 74gms.
• Pawn: Private of the King's German Legion. Height 7.4cm Weight 19gms.
The French Side
• King: Napoleon Bonaparte. Height 10.7cm Weight 70gms.
• Queen: Josephine, Marie-Rose, Empress of the French. Height 10.3cm Weight 58gms.
• Bishop: Marshal Michel Ney. Height 9.7cm Weight 44gms.
• Knight: Officer of the Cuirassiers French Cavalry. Height 9.cm Weight 66gms.
• Rook: A typical military drum of the era with French horn and flag. Height 7.3cm Weight 73gms.
• Pawn: Chasseur a'pied of the Imperial Guard. Height 7.4cm Weight 23gms.
|Warning: Hazard - This item may have Small Parts and points. not for children. |
An Ideal Collectors Item - Not a Toy
Bar Code: BARCODE
Near the village of Waterloo just south of Brussels, Belgium on 18th June 1815, was fought the final and decisive battle of the Napoleonic Wars. The combined armies of British and Prussian forces under the Commander in Chief, the Duke of Wellington, met in battle with the French army commanded by Napoleon. Without doubt the Battle of Waterloo was the most significant European battle as its result determined Europe's future history. Our sculptors and designers have combined to create, from the principal characters of the era, a chess set of great authentic detail.